What is it?
Website security scans search your site, looking for anything that shouldn’t be there (malware, harmful code, etc.). Website scanning is like having an alarm system for your office or store that goes off when anything changes from its normal state, like when a door or window is opened. When the scan finds something that doesn’t look right we alert you via email. Or our SMART (Secure Malware Alert & Removal Tool) tool can take it a step further and automatically removes anything harmful, like a monitored alarm system would send the police to take away the perpetrators. Many security services perform only surface-level scans, but we examine your site from the inside-out and the outside-in. This enables us to detect vulnerabilities that hackers could exploit to harm your business, like out-of-date applications or open entry points to your back-end. Our basic TrueShield firewall is added to all scanning packages to ensure that once your website is scanned and secure, it stays that way.
What problem does it address?
Malware, short for malicious software, can be installed on your website by hackers who are able to find weaknesses on your web server. A typical website can have thousands of potential vulnerabilities for malware injection. Once placed on your website, malware can then be used to spread viruses, steal personal or financial data, and even hijack computers. It is not easily detected and may infect your customers’ computers after they visit your website. Outdated applications are the most popular way for criminals to gain access to your website and data, which is why application scans are critical. If Google detects malware on your website they will blacklist you, killing your reputation as well as your search engine rank. And your hosting provider will likely take your site offline. All of this can result in damaged visitor trust, angry customers and lost revenue.
How does SiteLock protect my website?
Our patent-pending website scanning technology proactively detects website threats that can harm your visitors and customers. From blogs and other content driven sites to e-commerce websites, SiteLock scans your site for malware injections, website vulnerabilities, and other threats to your online business. And we help you remove them quickly to prevent any harm to your business.
Just a few of the security benefits of 360° website scanning are:
- Keep your website online and off blacklists. The complex SMART scan takes a comprehensive look at the surface of your website from the outside-in, as well as the files on the back-end from the inside-out, to detect hidden malware. If any website malware is detected, the automated tool quickly removes it and our expert support is here 24/7 in case manual work is needed.
- Protect your reputation and ensure uninterrupted communication with your customers. Our scanners verify that your website is safe from blacklists, your e-mail is not getting marked as spam, and your SSL certificate is valid.
- Stay up to date. Vulnerability scanning identifies applications you have installed and which version you have. We compare that to industry and proprietary lists to determine the security of your installation. If we discover a vulnerability, we report it to you immediately and can help you upgrade your applications and secure your site.
- Prevent SQL injection and Cross-site Scripting. SiteLock SQL injection and application scans review all of the files and applications on your website to detect any injections that have been inserted in your website code.
- A network scan checks each port (thousands) on your servers to make sure that only the appropriate ones are open for the type of server you are using (e-mail ports for e-mail servers, web ports for web servers, etc.).
- Prevent attacks. The TrueShield firewall adds additional protection by blocking malicious traffic and harmful requests.
- SiteLock INFINITY Malware Removal is the only automatic malware removal package on the market. Automatically finds and fixes malware on your website. This breakthrough technology is the only tool to defend against the more than 1 million new strands of malware created per week, 30,000 new websites hacked each day and over 9,000 websites blacklisted by Google everyday.
- Up to 25 Pages
- Daily Malware Scan
- Reputation Management
- Up to 100 Pages
- Automatic Malware Removal
- Daily FTP Scanning
- File Change Monitoring
- Up to 500 Pages
- Website Vulnerability Scanning
- Network Security Scanning
- SQLi (SQL-I) and XSS Scanning
- Up to 2500 Pages
- Advanced Vulnerability Scanning